The SLR Magic 8mm F4 is capable of creating some really etherial images when combined with the DJI Inspire 2 and Zenmuse X5S. The world from the air viewed this wide looks great and the clips using the Panasonic GH4 and GX80 look good too. The SLR Magic 8mm is an exciting lens for m43 if you like to shoot wide.
PRESS RELEASE – March 27, 2017 NEW ROBOT SKIN for LUMIX GH5 by LockCircle
LockCircle approached the mirroless cameras cage design from the beginning when the concept was just “wrapping around the camera”, with a lightweight mechanical cage with many threads to only add cinematic accessories. The design and engineering of cages evolved quickly, thanks to LockCircle’s international user feedbacks analyzed across many cage/camera editions and different users needs, deeply inspiring the entire design process. For the new Lumix GH5 the LockCircle design approach was totally new and the word “cage” didn’t fit the extensive research done around the new Lumix GH5! LockCircle is proudly presenting the truly innovative Robot Skin for the Lumix GH5 following what is called “cinematic research science”!
The Lumix GH5 camera body shape was captured in different physical, ergonomic, kinetic and tactile directions to analize user feelings and effective cinematic accessories mounting. LockCircle with the Robot Skin GH5 is introducing the revolutionary “meltdown concept” for straight functions access and total view of the camera dials when shooting. The LockCircle’s R&D department, lead by Dante Cecchin, worked intensly to create the cinematic Robot Skin GH5 that’s a authentic milestone model, outside traditional boundaries commonly used in the industry. The ultralightweight Robot Skin GH5 is a natural extension of the original camera shape, a real cinematic production innovation! The orignal GH5 camera design details were formulated like a “conceptual palette” driving the genesis of the Robot Skin GH5 aesthetics.
Available from the middle of May, manufactured only on request for serious Lumix GH5 aficionados.
– Asymmetrical classic LockCircle cage design concept.
– Right hand camera grabbing/control with original Lumix GH5 camera ergonomics.
– Innovative SFA Straight Function Action with DTV Dials Total View design concept.
– T-Wrap (total wrap) expansion module for right hand accessories/grip handles
– 90 (110 threads with T-Wrap) 1/4”-20, 3 (5 with T-Wrap)
– Top Grip handle and Boombooster compatible accessories.
– CNC machined from billet aircraft grade aluminum.
– Ultra-Lightweight and professional heavy-duty grade strength.
– High quality Swiss Anodizing with “professional grade” velvet surface finish.
– Custom genuine titanium grade 5 screws and knobs.
– MultiPort HDMI/USB/Audio port savers with connector locking.
– Meta-Block mount (adjustable) for Metabones monolithic mounting.
– IMS-Block for IMS – Mounts for the serious cinematographers needs.
– Several IMS Professional lens mounts available: PL-Mount, Panavision,
– Leica-R, Canon EF and Nikon with Positive-Lock.
– New MicroMega ultra compact modular expandable BasePlate.
– Focal Plain thread for AC measurement custom titanium hook.
– New hi-tech deep anodized colours: Blumix, Noir Black, Purple Rain.
– Designed by cinematographers and manufactured in Italy.
– Limited Edition, manufactured only on request for real GH5 aficionados.
Comic Con collides with The Photography Show and Lok get’s to interview Mr. GH5 (Mr. Uematsu). I wish there would be more coverage of the Panasonic GH5 as a camera instead of just a video camera. The 6k photo mode looks useful and it would be interesting to compare to Olympus’ solution.
Not the best of news, but hopefully Panasonic can find a way to make their camera devision profitable.
“Panasonic plans another round of restructuring of unprofitable businesses, responding to sinking profits with the same prescription that has restored the ailing giant to health before. Yet the company will need more than cutbacks to thrive in an electronics industry searching for new growth avenues as prices slide.”
Putting the camera devision under and the umbrella of other operations might have some tax advantages or make their balance sheet look better in the short term. Maybe there will be more clarity about the move in the future.
“Three other businesses units — digital cameras, private branch exchange telephone systems and optical disk drives — will be dismantled. Each will be scaled back and placed under the umbrella of other operations, with headcount to be reduced.”
Overview Really Right Stuff camera body plates are all custom designed for each camera body and precision machined from solid blocks of 6061-T6 aluminum. Fully compatible with any Arca-Swiss style quick-release system, our plates feature precisely contoured anti-twist flanges for a perfect fit that prevents twisting between the camera and our plate. All of our quick-release plates utilize a custom machined ¼”-20 threaded, captive-style mounting screw that threads into the tripod mounting socket of your camera body.
As part of a modular system, this conventional base plate still functions as a traditional camera mounting plate, but also has the added flexibility of accepting a separate dedicated vertical L-component to create a fully modular L-plate with two dovetail mounting surfaces. You can purchase the dedicated vertical L-component as a separate add-on, or as a set package with the base plate.
CNC machined 6061-T6 Aluminum
Anodized; Type II Black
Anti-twist pin provides extra secure fit with custom flange