There are reports that the Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 12mm f/1.4 ASPH lens is now shipping. Be sure to preorder/order yours soon from Amazon, B&H Photo, or Adorama if you want to be one of the first to receive yours.
Lens technical specifications:
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 24 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Micro Four Thirds|
|Format Compatibility||Micro Four Thirds|
|Angle of View||84°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.87″ (20 cm)|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 62 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.76 x 2.76″ (70 x 70 mm)|
|Weight||11.82 oz (335 g)|
Lens construction – 15 elements in 12 groups:
- 2 Aspherical lenses
- 2 Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion
- 1 Extra-Low Dispersion lens
Aspherical (ASPH) lenses reduce size and weight to effectively prevent spherical and distortion aberration. Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) and Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion (UED) lenses correct chromatic aberration to render sharp, high-contrast images with clear colors from corner to corner.
Additional Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 12mm f/1.4 ASPH lens information:
- Experience a Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera lens design with a significant reduction in size and weight of comparable DSLR 35mm lenses.
- 12mm F1.4 LEICA SUMMILUX high-performance wide angle lens for group, event, and nature photography (24mm 35mm camera lens equivalent).
- Indoor shooting in low lighting produces a natural defocusing effect with its F1.4 high speed aperture.
- Splash and dustproof sealed body.
- Suppresses “sagittal flare” that occurs in some ultra wide-angle lenses at wide-aperture settings.
- Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion and Extra-Low Dispersion optics with stringent LEICA standards assure high image quality with high resolution and minimum distortion.
- Compatible with 4K video capture.